“The fascinating thing about the introduction of new technology is that in a few years’ time we will see applications that we don’t know about yet. That is why we want to enable companies to test and demonstrate new applications.”
“Our distinctive 5G services, such as Application Priority, Guaranteed Bandwidth and Coverage on Demand, are a very important driver behind the renewal of business processes and further digitization of the Netherlands.”
We invest in technology and networks that ensure that all connected devices can exchange information quickly and reliably. In the meantime, we have not only built up a lot of knowledge and experience, but also an entire ecosystem of partners. So that we can provide our customers with the very best IoT solutions.
One of these partners is Unmanned Valley. KPN makes various networks available at Unmanned Valley, such as LoRa, LTE-M, 4G and 5G. Which type of communication technology is best for an application depends on the amount of data, the energy consumption and the frequency with which data is sent. The collaboration with Unmanned Valley makes it possible for companies to easily test sensor-related innovations and demonstrate client cases in conjunction with the most appropriate communication technology.
KPN IoT milestones
* More than 7 million KPN IoT SIMs active worldwide
* The longest BVLOS flight over mobile connectivity in the Netherlands realized in 2021
* The fastest 5G network in the Netherlands (according to the Ookla Speedtest Awards)
* In the top 5 of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI)
* Co-founders of the IoT World Alliance and LoRa World Alliance